Your child is not yet 16 years old or the applicant is an infant. The child’s guardian should complete the passport application.
NOTE: U.S. Passport issued to applicant under 16 is valid for 5 years only, and the child’s passport cannot be renewed when it is expired.
Procedures for Child’s Passport:
- Enclose completed DS-11 Form.
- Enclose completed DS-3053 (Statement of Consent). Complete only if both parents are unable to accompany child to Post Office.
- Enclose two (2) passport photos (2″ x 2″).
- Enclose official Birth Certificate.
- Enclose copy of Travel Itinerary.
- Enclose Letter of Authorization. (Contact Caring Hands for this form)
- Enclose appropriate fees. (Adoption Fees are below.. US State Department fees can be found on the web site: www.travel.state.gov/passport.
- Daytime phone number(s) where you can be reached if additional information is needed.
- Prepaid mailer (i.e., Federal Express, UPS, USPS, etc.) to return completed documents to you. Please be sure to keep the “Sender’s Copy” of your waybill so that you are able to track the package at a later date if needed.